Thursday 15 October 2015

Welcome Post!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to my very first blog post.

Firstly, this blog is intended to fulfill a course requirement for my degree; so you guys can look forward to two posts each week until Christmas. If all goes smoothly, maybe even after that! 

Secondly, I was inspired by this name concept because of my overwhelming love of greek mythology. Bacchanalia typically represents the Greco-Roman festival of Bacchus who is the God of Wine, Freedom, Intoxication and Ecstasy. Historically speaking the festival of Bacchanalia has had some negative connotations, influenced by slightly disturbing cult tendencies. However, modern teachings describe it as uninhibited or drunken revelry.

Moving slightly aside from the traditional concept of Bacchanalia, I believe it entirely possible to become intoxicated with good wine and good food- hence the creation of this House of Bacchanalia...

So here's to hoping that you join me for the next few weeks as I explore the culinary and wine delights of both our Trinbagonian Isles!


No comments:

Post a Comment